Now, I know what you might be thinking – Online Training has not always lived up to the dream it promised; so often being dry, over cautious and even ill-informed. We are hoping to change that by providing training that will not only engage the audience but help them see the value of learning in this style. With six large main contractor organisations having tested our training earlier this year, below are 5 reasons why you should re-think Online Training as a solution to your Equality Training needs:-
- We know our stuff, both practically and academically. By that we mean we really do know what we are talking about and not just on equality either. Our team houses experts in equality and construction, as well as teaching and online learning. In fact, the wealth of knowledge that went into the Training is as follows:-
- 15+ years practical Construction Industry experience
- 15+ years Teaching experience
- 7+ years Equality and Diversity Practitioner experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in Construction Management, Equality and Teaching
- In-house expertise in Online Training
“The course is construction specific, which makes it relevant” – Shepherd Construction
- We think Training should be enjoyable. We spend a lot of time thinking about how we can teach people things in a way that keeps them engaged and helps them relate to the subject. Our Training hosts a mix of videos, tasks, audio and visual stimuli to cater for a range of learning styles and needs. We also test using a range of methods so that you can see how your staff members are progressing.
“The interactive aspects are good” – BAM Construct UK Ltd
- We know what’s important. Whilst the law is important to know, we think that people are more likely to buy into an ‘equality’ agenda if they can understand why it’s important to them. Hence, our courses are not only written by people who have worked in the construction industry, but they also look at the benefits for the individual, the business and the Construction Sector as a whole. This approach helps people understand why this is important for them and how they can progress this work within their roles.
“Raised important issues” – Seddon Construction
- We know that your time is valuable. Our training modules are broken down into blocks lasting 15mins. There are tests to be completed at the end which complement the learning experience. There are currently two courses available, one which lasts for a total of one hour, and one that goes further, taking three hours to complete. This way you can pick the course that suits your company’s needs.
“Excellent pace” – Robertson Construction
- We consider your budget. The training is designed so that you / your company can claim grants through the CITB Grant Scheme, if you are eligible. We also provide a discount for those companies who enrol their staff on our courses at the same time as registering with us for the CITB Be Fair Framework.
“Keeps audience participation high” – The Miller Group (Miller Construction)
To find out more about our courses, or to enrol your staff as learners, contact us in any of the following ways:
- Phone on 0151 706 8132
- Email Patrick@constructingequality.co.uk
- Visit www.constructingequality.co.uk/online-training/
Online equality training can help you meet both organisational and procurement requirements.