This article was taken from the The Homes & Communities Agency website and be accessed by visiting their website.
Members of the Equality and Diversity Advisory Group advise the HCA on specific equality issues relating to race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion and belief, age, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity.
The Group also works with us to support the delivery of our vision for diversity and in responding to current and emerging equality and diversity challenges.
We are currently recruiting new members to this Group. Could you provide expert advice and help us achieve our equality goals? If so, please download the following documents. The closing date is 5pm on Friday 8 February 2013.
- Recruitment information – Word (41KB)
- Application information and role profile – Word (40KB)
- Application form – Word (77KB)
- Diversity monitoring form – Word (128KB)
- Terms of reference – Word (46KB)
The current members of this group are:
- Dorian Leatham (Chair) – former CEO of London Borough of Hillingdon and Chair of the Nottingham City Housing Strategic Partnership Board.
- Ann Limb – HCA Board member.
- Laura Willoughby MBE – elected member in the London Borough of Islington, Improvement and Development Agency Diversity Peer, previously Chair of the Equalities Executive at the Local Government Association.
- Vijay Asi – Managing Director of Asra Midlands Housing Association, part of Sanctuary Group.
- Paul Gamble – CEO of Habinteg Association – an organisation that specialises in providing housing solutions for disabled people
- Kate Still – Head of Social Investment and Enterprise at Richmond Housing Partnership, previously non-executive director of Guinness Trust South East. Now working as an independent equality advisor to RDAs.
- Bob Green – CEO of Stonewall Housing Association and a member of the GLA Equality and Diversity standing group.
- Ruth Davison – Director of Campaigns and Neighbourhoods at the NHF, previously Director of Communications and Public and Patient Involvement at Beds & Herts SHA.
- Jackie Driver – Head of Good Relations for the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
- Rt Revd David Walker – Bishop of Dudley in the Diocese of Worcester, and Chair of CHADD, a church based special needs housing association.
- Sarfraz Hussain – Projects Director with Housing Associations’ Charitable Trust. Former Director of Blue Mountain Housing Association, Non Executive Director, Equality lead and Vice Chair of NHS Stoke-on-Trent.
- Aniekan Umoren – Group Customer Services Director for Metropolitan Housing Partnership. She is a qualified Barrister and a Corporate Member of the Chartered Institute of Housing.