What is the network?
The network is a forum for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender professionals working within the infrastructure and construction sectors.
The network was founded by international law firm Pinsent Masons and Matthew Flood with the support of ‘Freehold‘, a real estate LGBT network formed in 2011.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual charity Stonewall has also given their support.
Who is the network targeted at?
Anyone who works in the infrastructure and construction sectors!
This includes, but is not limited to: construction and infrastructure industry professionals and their advisers, architects, project managers, construction lawyers, contractors, structural engineers, quantity surveyors, building surveyors, planners, environmental consultants, technical service providers, insurers and infrastructure fund managers and financiers.
What are the network’s aims?
The aims of the network are:
- To provide a welcoming, supportive, safe and confidential space for all LGBT people and straight allies within the construction and infrastructure sector and related sectors to meet, share and discuss views, experiences or concerns.
- To provide opportunities for peer networking, information sharing, and personal and professional development for LGBT members collectively or for the distinct groups of LGBT staff within the construction and infrastructure sectors.
- To raise the profile, inspire and promote the achievements of LGBT professionals collectively or for the distinct groups of LGBT people within the construction and infrastructure sectors.
- To develop and maintain relationships with other relevant external LGBT groups and networks.
- Provide a platform for fundraising for LGBT community related charities.
- To act as an adviser to companies in both the public and private sector & Government on LGBT users of infrastructure, including planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of such infrastructure to ensure that it is inclusive, attractive and safe for LGBT employees and members of public.
- To work with schools, colleges and awarding bodies to raise the profile of the construction and infrastructure sector amongst young LGBT people
How do I get involved?
We plan to host regular events that will bring the construction and infrastructure sectors LGBT community together.
The launch event is on 15 July 2015.
If you would like to become a member of the network please register your interest through our registration page on our website
or, contact our team at