Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Helen Grant MP, Minister for Women & Equalities
- Sophie Garner, Barrister, St Philips & Discrimination Law Association
- Sophie Hodges, Chief Executive, Mentore Consulting LLP
- Linda Jones, Partner, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Heather Melville, Chair, RBS Focused Womens Network
- Karen Govier, Equality & Diversity Manager, MITIE
- Amanda Ariss, Chief Executive, Equality & Diversity Forum (chair)
While there are more women working than ever before, barriers still remain that prevent women entering and progressing in the workplace. Similarly, the gender pay gap persists. What are the Government doing to help remove some of these barriers and what more can employers do to support women in the workplace?
Key issues to be addressed include:
- What is the Government doing to remove barriers to women entering and progressing in the workplace?
- How do ‘women in the workplace’ fit into the Government’s wider Equality Strategy?
- What more can employers do to support their women employees?
- What is being done to reform and improve access to child care?
- How is the ‘Think, Act Report’ initiative progressing and what more can be done to build upon its success?
- What is being done to get more women into boardrooms/senior management positions?
- How can employers create more flexible working conditions?
- What can be done about the gender pay gap?
- What can be learnt from current good practice programmes put in place to support women?
Participants will be briefed about and discuss the latest developments in supporting women in the workplace.
The morning ‘policy’ session will focus on Government actions and national initiatives to remove barriers to women entering and progressing in the workplace.
The afternoon ‘practice’ session will examine different support programmes already put in place and discuss what more employers can do.
Who Should Attend:
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in supporting women in the workplace, including: employers; HR officers; equality officers; trade union and representative groups; academics.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities:
This Westminster Briefing offers your organisation a platform to profile its services to your target audience and key decision makers. There are a number of packages available, from aligning your organisation alongside the conference as a sponsor to exhibiting at the event. Please contact email@example.com for details or download a booking form.