Want help in advancing up the career ladder? Have line managers who don’t appreciate your worth? Do you always seem to be overlooked when it comes to promotion? Then we can help, we have provided tools and support to over 300 women in construction to help them advance to the next level in their careers. Importantly over 90% of them have said this training helped them improve their careers. This course is designed to help you the individual consider you career in construction and find out how you can take it where you want to go. Our expert knowledge in construction and leadership will help you to negotiate common challenges faced by women in the sector; giving you the tools you need to move forward.
Length: Two day workshop.
Where held: London, Liverpool, Birmingham, Glasgow.
Audience: Employees in management or looking to progress into management.
Accreditation: All attendees receive a certificate of attendance as proof of CPD
Delivered by: Chrissi McCarthy BSc(Hons), PgDip, MCIOB
What will I learn
- How to make sure your work is recognised by your managers
- How to get managers and colleagues onside
- How to make the case for your progression.
What will it cover
- An overview of the common problem faced by women looking to progress their careers both inside and outside of the built environment
- Skills designed to help you overcome common problems How to take control of your career
- Undertake a career audit to find what might be holding you back.
- Learn a number of skills to help you manage your career.
- The way built environment organisations operate and how you can add value to your organisation.
- The importance of gender in the workplace? Does it matter if you don’t mind?
- Tools to help you overcome the main challenges identified in the session.
“Chrissi is passionate about improving the construction industry. Her approach to training and coaching is knowledgeable, approachable and friendly, and her personal experiences and achievements are inspirational. She offers excellent support and advice to women who are looking to progress in the industry, as well as to companies who wish to improve their approach to equality and diversity”
Lynsey Brydson Head of Business Development at CBES Limited